Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Aquaslash/Butt Boy

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Aquaslash                                                                    OK/G
A graduating class spends the weekend at a water park.  After a passable double-murder in the beginning, not much happens for a while other than people fighting and doing typical slasher/body count movie stuff, or just teen movie stuff.  It’s worth the wait for gorehounds once the water slide death occurs, because I’m not exaggerating when I say it is very gory!  The acting may not be the greatest at times, but what do you expect for this type of movie, entitled Aquaslash no less?  And it’s barely over an hour, so I’m going to recommend it for the indiscriminate horror fan, especially when it comes to slasher/body count movies.  2/13/2021

Butt Boy
The title isn’t exactly a play on words.  Whereas Swallow dealt with a female character ingesting items not meant for consumption, this film involves a man sticking items (ranging from a remote control to a dog to children…yeah) up his rear end after a doctor’s visit.  He is seemingly heterosexual too for all you homophobes making assumptions.  We eventually learn more about what his booty can do too!  This film definitely exists in another universe.  It’s not surreal in the David Lynch sense, no, it’s very straightforward and won’t make you feel like a grenade went off in your noggin, but it will make you say WTF at times.  I didn’t expect what ultimately befalls the eponymous character either (hint---it ain’t pretty).  I didn’t rate this because I’m not entirely sure who the target audience would be.  It is strangely compelling, I can’t deny that, and not quite like anything I’ve seen before, but I’d still feel too weird outright recommending it.  That doesn’t mean I’m dismissing it either for those that may be curious…2/13/2021

Bonus review:

Triggered                                                                    OK
(haiku review)
Woods.  Reunion.  Bombs.
Kind of like Battle Royale.
Bloody but vapid.  2/15/2021

Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Don’t Go (2018)  >>>EH

Fear of Rain  >>>OK

Into the Dark:  Tentacles  >>>EH/OK
            (Hulu)

Kindred  >>>EH

Paintball Massacre  >>>EH/OK

---Sean O.
2/17/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment