Saturday, January 8, 2022

Titane

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Titane                                                                          OK
When I first heard of this French film (yes, that means subtitles), it said it involved a girl that has sex with cars.  I got curious, not only because it got good reviews, but also because it was directed by the same person behind the coming-of-age cannibal film, Raw, which I was a fan of (you can read my review for that here---https://vampireclown82.blogspot.com/2017/06/mooby-reviews-61117.html).  Well, the female protagonist here does have sex with automobiles at least twice (possibly stemming from a titanium plate she received in her head after a car accident when she was younger), but it’s not as explicit as you’d think (might even be humorous if the film had a different tone; this sexual fetish does have consequences too).  That’s only a small fraction of the entire film anyway.  Said female protagonist murders a bunch of people before passing herself off as an aged boy that went missing years ago.  The father of the missing boy is convinced it is his son and welcomes her back into his life.  I’m pretty sure the father (and mother at one time) had to know she wasn’t their grown son, even before specific scenes that would prove she wasn’t, but, then again, I’m not so sure.  This film is truly bizarre, but not in the mindfuck sense.  It’s still bizarre though; definitely unique.  Bizarre doesn’t always mean compelling though (I was bored more than once).  I liked Julia Ducournau’s first film better, but I am curious as to what she’ll give us next.  1/6/2022

Bonus review:

Slasher:  Flesh & Blood                                              OK
(haiku review)
Season 4.  Shudder.
8 eps.  It’s gory as hell.
Fine, but felt drawn out.  1/6/2022

*[check out my review for season one and two here---https://vampireclown82.blogspot.com/2019/05/slasher-season-one-and-two.html, and season three here---https://vampireclown82.blogspot.com/2019/05/slasher-season-three.html]*

Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Satan’s Servant  >>>EH

Superdeep  >>>EH/OK

Woodland  >>>EH

---Sean O.
1/8/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment