Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The Woods: Season One


-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------


The Woods:  Season One                                            G
Harlan Coben’s name seems to be synonymous with Netflix lately.  I’ve never read a single one of his novels, but this is the third adapted series of his, available on Netflix, that I’ve seen; the other two being Safe and The Stranger (I didn’t review The Stranger, just rated it, but you can check out my review for Safe in the archives at www.abcreviewarchive.blogspot.com).  This mystery series takes place in Poland (yes, that means subtitles if you don’t speak Polish, but, like always, you can adjust the audio and subtitles however you please before each episode) during 2019 with flashbacks to 1994 at a summer camp where four teens disappeared and only two dead bodies were found.  A prosecutor that was a teen attending that camp in 1994 has always wondered what happened to his sister (one of those that disappeared and wasn’t found) and tries getting to the bottom of it after the other missing person resurfaces.  Although I thought it could’ve been even a bit shorter, it is very bingeable at only 6 episodes, ranging from 47 to 55 minutes each that go by fairly quick, and you can rest assured that there are no loose ends.  I wasn’t disappointed.  6/15/2020



Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Da 5 Bloods  >>>OK/G
    (Netflix)

The Quarry  >>>OK


---Sean O.
6/17/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment