Saturday, September 12, 2020

The Babysitter: Killer Queen


-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------


The Babysitter:  Killer Queen                                     EH
The Babysitter, released in 2017, was a decent gory fun film involving a young boy and his satanic babysitter (you can read my review for it in the archives---www.abcreviewarchive.blogspot.com).  That boy, Cole, is 2 years older (according to this film) and deals with the same shenanigans, more or less, at a lake instead of his house.  It would be wise to watch the first one before this if you haven’t already (both are available on Netflix), not only because this sequel assumes you already saw it, but because you should stop there and not even bother with this one.  Unfortunately, I can’t describe this sequel the same way I did the first in the first sentence above.  Well, it is gory, but the gore was a bit too over-the-top for me, not in any way impressive.  Fun?  Let’s just say there were way too many poor attempts at humor, meaning annoyingly unfunny wherein I didn’t even laugh internally.  Well, there was one time I recall laughing but it wasn’t hilarious in the slightest and I could’ve stifled the laugh if I really wanted to.  I was so unimpressed with this unnecessary sequel that I couldn’t wait for it to be over before the halfway mark!  Sorry, the novelty already wore itself thin after just 2 movies.  Have I gotten through to you, McG?  Please don’t make any more of these films.  I said please!  9/11/2020


Bonus review:


Biography:  The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne           OK/G
OZZY.  Ozzy Osbourne.  John Michael Osbourne at birth.  The “Godfather of Metal,” famous for singing crisply yet speaking incoherently, is the subject of this documentary on A&E covering his early years as a young boy in England to the present day.  I personally didn’t discover OZZY until 7th grade when I saw the video for “I Just Want You” off the Ozzmosis album.  I was kind of indifferent until I found out a fellow metalhead listened to him, thus I became a lifelong fan, getting into both Black Sabbath and his solo stuff (I did know he was in a band called Black Sabbath before that metalhead inspired me to become a fan---thanks Dad!).  Over the years, I’ve read a lot about Ozzman and both his bands.  That being said, I knew the majority of the information presented in this 85-minute documentary (there are also lots of commercials you can’t fast forward through, by the way).  I still kind of enjoyed watching it though, OZZY has been a prominent part of my life after all, and I think this would be a well-rounded lesson for those unaware of OZZY’s life other than what was made public.  [I’d be interested in a documentary on Ozzfest (an event I attended at least 6 times) which was covered real briefly here].  9/11/2020



Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Dark Waters (2019)  >>>EH/OK

The Dustwalker  >>>EH

Jumanji:  The Next Level  >>>EH


---Sean O.
9/12/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment