Friday, July 23, 2021

Initiation

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Initiation                                                                      OK
You would think this new slasher film is a typical college movie initially; you know…parties, hazing, unconscious girls, past accusations.  It does take a bit for the slasher aspect to take effect and there are large bouts of slasher-less activity.  During the time it is a slasher movie, you know exactly who is going to get it, just a matter of how and when; you know…typical slasher stuff.  I don’t know what else you’d expect in terms of plot for a slasher movie.  In true slasher fashion, you do actually get to know the majority of characters, however deplorable they may be, and the majority of kills are decent enough to label them somewhat worthy---you actually get to see them happen as opposed to just seeing the killer’s dirty work afterwards (meaning, yes, it is violent at times).  I personally don’t care for the big reveal in these films, I actually have to like it beforehand, but the person behind the mask is no big surprise (you should be able to figure out their motive given the victims).  I didn’t feel completely satisfied when it was over, even though there were no loose ends (although I could see a sequel happening) and it was 90 minutes (give or take).  Slasher fans may want to check this out, and there’s no harm in doing so, but don’t expect anything special that you would want to watch more than once.  7/21/2021

Bonus review:

Lisey’s Story (Season One)                                         OK/G
(haiku review)
New King-based series.
Read the book back in ’06.
This show?  Just okay.  7/19/2021

*8 episodes; available on Apple+*

Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

In Fabric  >>>OK

Rock Dog 2  >>>OK

Scooby-Doo!  Abracadabra-Doo  >>>OK

Scooby-Doo and the Goblin King  >>>EH

Summer Camp (1979)  >>>EH/OK

---Sean O.
7/23/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment