Friday, May 20, 2022

Firestarter

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Firestarter                                                                   EH
Firestarter was never my favorite King property, but the original film wasn’t bad (you can read my review for it, plus the sequel here---https://vampireclown82-2.blogspot.com/2020/06/burn-baby-burn.html).  Those of you that share the same neutral opinion as I towards the original, or feel even less about it, should steer clear of this remake available on Peacock as well as theaters.  I actually thought this was going to be okay in the beginning, it being more of a re-imagining than a remake, but it most definitely does not sustain itself much after that.  It felt so incomplete by the time it was over and not just with the ending itself (which I felt didn’t really make sense).  The “very-Eighties” score by John Carpenter (who was actually going to direct the original film at one time) is really the only commendable aspect about this unnecessary update.  5/18/2022

Bonus review:

The Cursed                                                                  OK
(haiku review)
So-so werewolf film.
Gothic atmosphere is great.
Creature designs suck.  5/18/2022

Other movies and TV show(s) I’ve seen and their ratings (see above):

Agnes  >>>EH

Choose or Die  >>>OK
   (Netflix)

C’mon C’mon  >>>EH/OK

Licorice Pizza  >>>EH

Metal Lords  >>>OK/G
   (Netflix)

Parallel Mothers  >>>OK
   (In Spanish with subtitles)

Parallels (Season One)  >>>OK
   (Disney+; 6 episodes; In French with subtitles)

Senior Year  >>>OK
   (Netflix)

The 7 Lives of Lea (Season One)  >>>OK
   (Netflix; 7 episodes; In French with subtitles)

The Sound of Scars  >>>OK

Take Out  >>>OK/G
   (In Mandarin and English with subtitles)

---Sean O.
5/20/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment