Saturday, June 15, 2019

The Cleaning Lady


-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Related image


The Cleaning Lady                                                      OK/G
This was a decent thriller involving a lady mistakingly befriending the (physically and mentally) scarred cleaning lady.  Basically, you should always be cautious of who you allow into your life and home.  Clearly this cleaning lady is off from the get-go and you know something is eventually going to go down (I don’t think I’m spoiling it by saying something does).  You do gradually learn more about this girl and understand how she became the way she is, like most cinematic villains, but any sane person would say that still doesn’t condone her behavior towards others.  Like I said in the first sentence, this was decent but felt rather generic; plus, it ended quite abruptly, making it appear somewhat closure-less, at least to me.  Oh, and if you’re a mouse lover or any kind of animal rights activist, you might want to skip the very beginning.  6/15/2019



Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Bent (1997)  >>>OK

The Strange Colour of Your Body’s Tears  >>>EH/OK

Turkey Shoot (Escape 2000)  >>>OK

A Vigilante  >>>EH/OK


---Sean O.
6/16/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment