Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Zombieland: Double Tap


-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------


Zombieland:  Double Tap                                           G
I am a fan of Zombieland, back when it was released in 2009 and now.  It was released before zombies basically became trendy with The Walking Dead and Z Nation among others, but zombies were old hat even by 2009; Zombieland is one of the ones that stood out though, even becoming somewhat legendary within just ten years.  There have been talks of a sequel for a while now, plus a TV show that didn’t work out, and while this obviously isn’t as good as the first one (the majority of sequels aren’t, even if they’re still worthy), nor did I expect it to be, I still enjoyed it enough to recommend it.  [I do want to watch it again, mainly because I had to pee a little more than halfway through and I never want to miss a single second of a movie (especially in the theater; that’s the main plus about watching at home---the pause button), so I subconsciously wished it would quickly be over while simultaneously enjoying it as much as I could despite how uncomfortable I was gradually becoming.  It sucks getting older.]  The main cast of characters really haven’t changed since the first go-round, so whether you liked or hated them before, you should still feel the same way about them.  Other characters are added too, of course (I actually thought the stereotypical blonde was more funny than annoying).  There’s a mid- and post-credits sequence involving a famous face from the first film (you probably know who I’m talking about, and the name does appear in the credits if you research) that I actually thought was rather idiotic, embarrassingly so, instead of even remotely funny, so you decide if you want to watch the credits (I always do ever since Napoleon Dynamite).  Anyway, if the director, Ruben Fleischer, decides to make a third film in another ten years, I’ll definitely tune in but still won’t likely think it’s better than, or at least equal to, the first.  Prove me wrong though, Ruben; or I’ll at least settle for it being better than this one, which was still a decent follow-up.  10/19/2019



Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Beach House (2018)  >>>OK

Blood Cult  >>>EH/OK

Demon (2016)  >>>OK

Ghost Shark  >>>OK

I Am Not a Witch  >>>G

Revenge (1986)  >>>EH/OK
            (sequel to Blood Cult)

Shazam!  >>>OK


---Sean O.
10/23/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment