Friday, April 23, 2021

From the Depths

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Depths                                                         OK
Here we have a different kind of shark movie.  It’s more of a psychological thriller with sharks in it, although a shark does play a key part.  It involves the post-traumatic stress a young woman deals with after a shark attack.  In other words, if you’re expecting a shark attack movie strictly dealing with unsuspecting (although one should always be on guard in the ocean or any body of water) swimmers being chomped up, you might be disappointed (even though there are some shark attacks on screen).  It’s also a zombie movie of sorts, uh-huh (of sorts meaning sometimes and not in the way you think; undead people make appearances just like sharks do).  A twist is tacked on at the end that may have made it a bit more thought-provoking (more so if it was released between 20 and 30 years ago), while also making it a bit worse than it already was.  I don’t know.  I really don’t know who I should say this movie is ultimately for, whether it be the sharksploitation fans, the psychological thriller fans, or the zombie fans, because it’s all of those but not one of those completely and each part is merely just an okay version.  I will say that the majority of sharks featured weren’t crappy though.  4/21/2021

Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Anything for Jackson  >>>OK/G
            (Shudder)

Boys from County Hell  >>>OK
            (Shudder)

The Penthouse (2021)  >>>EH

Pinocchio (2020)  >>>EH/OK

---Sean O.
4/23/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment