Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Ron's Gone Wrong

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron’s Gone Wrong                                                     G
Modern animation dealing with modern technology.  This animation isn’t a Disney film though, nor a Netflix one (although it is currently available on Disney+).  The technology involved is a bubble-bot, a cylindrical-shaped device that travels alongside its owner (containing any and all information concerning them).  One middle school kid receives a defective bot (Ron) that basically needs to be taught like a human.  And, like all technology, the other bots that aren’t “defective” can be just as detrimental as advantageous.  This movie wasn’t great, and it did take a bit for me to warm up to it, but it was cute (Ron is cute too) and funny (I did laugh out loud sometimes) enough to recommend for the entire family.  12/17/2021

Bonus review:

Day of the Dead (Season One)                                   OK
George A. Romero’s Day of the Dead isn’t my favorite of the series, but I do like it, somewhat.  His preceding Night and Dawn films are infinitely better.  This 10-episode series available on the SYFY channel is merely only based on Romero’s film and bears no relation to it whatsoever (I mean, yeah, there is a reference to it during the last episode, titled said reference, and one zombie gradually becomes “docile”).  It involves a town in Pennsylvania overrun with the undead and the townsfolk must do whatever possible in order to survive.  Typical zombie fare, no?  Did we really need another zombie series or movie, especially in these post-Walking Dead times?  Absolutely not (I never even finished that show, as far as I made it).  Since it’s hard to be original anymore, in any genre or subgenre, I’m willing to give anything modern a chance if it manages to be entertaining.  This series was just okay, barely; I mean, it has its moments and started off fine, but it really doesn’t stand apart from most of the other undead entertainment out there.  If you do decide to watch, all ten episodes are now available to binge (all roughly around the 40-minute mark without the ads).  I mean, ‘just okay’ is a better analysis than many other zombie flicks/shows that don’t even come close to okay, no?  I still think you can spend your time with better options though, like George A. Romero’s series; yes, even the three succeeding Day of the Dead (hell, just watch the original Night and Dawn!).  As of now, I came across no plans for a season two, but there very well could be (hell, it’s been proven more seasons can occur even when a series does seem to end).  If so, I may continue (my OCD would be the only thing forcing me to), but I really don’t care if they do or not.  12/18/2021

Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Blue Bayou  >>>OK

Portal Runner  >>>OK

---Sean O.
12/22/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment