Friday, June 17, 2022

Dark Night of the Scarecrow 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Night of the Scarecrow 2                                   B
Its predecessor, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, released in 1981 as a TV movie wasn’t too bad for a by-the-numbers slasher film.  You could most certainly do a lot better though, in terms of slasher films and scarecrow films (1988’s Scarecrows and Husk are examples that come to mind).  Whereas the first one may not have been that great, this recently released sequel is even less than not that great; it’s downright awful!  I know I shouldn’t expect much from a sequel released roughly 40 years later to a movie that was no real masterpiece to begin with, but a bad movie is still a bad movie (this wasn’t even a so-bad-its-good movie).  The kills were poorly done, even laughable sometimes.  The violence in the first one wasn’t grand either, but there are many more resources and funds, let alone leeways, in this day and age (and that doesn’t have to mean CGI either), as well as much more entertainment to compare to.  It is related to the first one, so you might want to check that one out first (if you haven’t already) to understand references, even though I don’t recommend this uninspired sequel one bit (if I haven’t made that clear).  6/13/2022

Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Halftime  >>>OK
   (Netflix)

The Spanish Chainsaw Massacre  >>>B
            (In Spanish with subtitles)

Teardrop  >>>OK
   (Tubi)

---Sean O.
6/17/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment