Sunday, June 12, 2022

Jurassic World: Dominion

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jurassic World:  Dominion                                         EH/OK
Jurassic Park 6 or Jurassic World 3?  Either way it’s allegedly the conclusion of the franchise, but we’ve all heard that before.  I hate to say it, but I hope this is the conclusion if this completely disappointing entry is any indication.  For those of you that disliked Fallen Kingdom, which really wasn’t that bad (you can read my review for it here---https://vampireclown82.blogspot.com/2018/06/mooby-reviews-63018.html), I’d be truly surprised if you think Dominion is any better.  As you may see, this is what I wrote at the end of Fallen Kingdom’s review---If the ending is any indication, I think Jurassic Park 6 or Jurassic World 3 could be even better.  Ha!  This is the only entry in the franchise I disliked (yes, I liked The Lost World) and I was really hoping it would go out with a bang (considering some of the original Jurassic Park cast was involved; I doubt any of them needed cash, but who knows in these times?).  It took place in too many locations (I know, logically it was supposed to, but it didn’t work) much like a big, dumb, loud action movie, which this mostly was, and that’s not a compliment.  It felt like a substandard sci-fi flick at times too (what were those locusts doing in a dinosaur movie?!).  There also seemed to be too many talky scenes (when we see a movie about dinosaurs taking over the world, we want to see just that…dinosaurs attacking people and causing havoc).  Granted, there were some passable scenes involving dinos (which is why I reluctantly added the OK to the rating), but not enough to make this entry not feel like the franchise overstayed its welcome, and ‘overstaying ones welcome’ usually just means that it sucks; if the entry was actually good, you wouldn’t say that it overstayed its welcome.  This franchise deserves to become (ahem) extinct.  Unfortunately.  Maybe the upcoming (July) season five of Camp Cretaceous will be decent…6/10/2022

Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

Ghosts of the Ozarks  >>>OK

The Grizzlies  >>>OK

King Knight  >>>EH

Knocking  >>>OK
   (In Swedish with subtitles)

Master (2022)  >>>OK/G
   (Amazon Prime)

Rhymes for Young Ghouls  >>>EH

The Stairs  >>>EH

---Sean O.
6/12/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment