Thursday, June 2, 2022

Stranger Things (Season 4)

Stranger Things (Season 4)                                         G
Here we are with season 4 of this Netflix series that is allegedly going to have one more season after this (as of now).  Only 7 episodes of this season are available now with 2 more being released July 1st.  I don’t see why they couldn’t just include 2 more with this set.  Anyway, I did like this season, but season 3 would have to be my favorite so far (you can read that review here---https://vampireclown82.blogspot.com/2019/07/stranger-things-season-three.html); season 2 was my least favorite so far (you can read that review here---https://vampireclown82.blogspot.com/2017/11/mooby-reviews-11917.html; season 1’s review is here---https://vampireclown82.blogspot.com/2017/04/mooby-reviews-4317.html).  All the episodes this time are really long, the shortest being 64-minutes, the longest being 98, but, as is typical with the series, they all still go by fairly fast.  There’s definitely more horror elements this time, as my brother and his wife both mentioned in discussion, a certain actor known for playing a horror icon even making an appearance (said icon is even mentioned by a character at one time).  I was reminded of Poltergeist at one time too.  If you’ve been a fan of the series so far, I think there’s enough to enjoy here.  I do love the Eighties, whether or not it was actually filmed then (the skating rink, Lite-Brite, the “Satanic Panic” fear, and the great songs “Running up that Hill” and “Tarzan Boy” are just some of the things included here); the first episode was probably my favorite, playing like an Eighties teen film before becoming quite dark.  I’m not sure whether I should’ve just waited until the last 2 episodes air next month, alter this review after I watch them, or just write a separate review for them?  Whatever, I think they should’ve all been released at the same time.  At least a month isn’t too far away…5/30/2022

---Sean O.
6/2/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment