Friday, February 1, 2019

Glass



In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).


Glass                                                                           G
Split wasn’t even a sequel to Unbreakable; it just existed in the same comic book-inspired universe concocted by M. Night Shyamalan and you didn’t know so until the end.  This is technically a sequel to both, technically making all three films a trilogy.  Yes, you do have to watch Unbreakable and Split before watching this to get a full understanding of the characters (at least the three played by Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, and James McAvoy).  Even though I am a fan of M. Night, I’ll admit I didn’t intend to see this right away (although definitely eventually) as it didn’t look too good and the low rating on Rotten Tomatoes didn’t alter that.  After some thought though and knowing not to listen to critics (whether good or bad) since I’m one too (as well as anyone, naturally), plus having a free movie pass and wanting to see for my damn self, I went for it.  Also, if you’re a fan of M. Night and/or saw Unbreakable and Split, do you really think you can allow yourself to not watch this?  (I understand not everyone has OCD like me but still).  Unbreakable and Split weren’t great but I still liked them and I pretty much felt the same way about this which makes it a good companion piece, and I can honestly say I enjoyed this more than many films actually based on comic books.  You might need to hold your judgment until it’s over because I thought it was the plain kind of good for a bit before being cleverly tied up as Mr. Shyamalan knows how, poignantly even.  1/30/2019


Bonus Haiku review:

Kingdom:  Season One                                               G
Korea.  Zombies.
Historical times.  Netflix.
Six eps.  I liked it.  1/28/2019

Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

AXL: EH/OK

Beirut: EH

Boy Erased: OK/G

Deadly Switch: EH/OK

Suspiria (2018): EH

---Sean O.
2/1/19

No comments:

Post a Comment