Monday, August 31, 2020

The VelociPastor


-------------------------------------------------------------------
In case you haven’t seen the intro from my entry dated 1/26/19 (it’s in my archives whenever you want to read it), I’m no longer going to review every single movie I see.  I’m going to review one, with the occasional bonus, and just give ratings for the rest from now on (unless I decide to pick it up again in the future).  You can always ask me why I gave the ratings for the films without reviews though (via comments or the e-mail addresses under the ‘About Me’ section).
-------------------------------------------------------------------


The VelociPastor                                                         EH
I don’t want to insult anyone’s intelligence, but the title is a combination of velociraptor and pastor.  That is indeed what the film contains too, a pastor given the ability to transform into a velociraptor after coming into contact with an item on a visit to China.  Following the advice of a pre-med/law hooker, he decides to only kill “bad” people.  There are also ninjas.  Going into the film with expectations as low as they can possibly go, I knew it would be corny and corny it sure was.  It wasn’t as completely bad as it could’ve been, I guess, and there are three catchy songs on the soundtrack.  I counted three times I laughed, one being how laughably bad the dinosaur was, but, hey, at least it was practical.  Ha, I don’t think it’s safe to say this film deserves praise for deciding to utilize practical over CGI for the creature (practical here means a hunchback costume).  The film isn’t recommendable by any stretch, as should be obvious with such a title and premise, but if you’re curious and have 70-minutes to kill (thankfully it was that short), I think you know what I’d tell you.  What am I saying?  There are countless better ways to spend 70-minutes, such as watching the original Dumbo (with 6-minutes to spare), eating some good food, swimming in a pool, or even watching the first 70-minutes of a better movie.  Clearly I’m no fun for not exactly enjoying a film that was intended to be bad from the get-go.  Oh well…8/31/2020


Bonus review:


Open 24 Hours                                                           EH/OK
(haiku review)
Girl.  Gas station.  Job.
Killer Ex just escaped jail.
Bloody, but too long.  8/25/2020



Other movies I've seen and their ratings (see above):

The Evil (1978)  >>>EH/OK

One Dark Night  >>>EH

They Look Like People  >>>OK

30 Miles from Nowhere  >>>EH/OK


---Sean O.
8/31/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment